Parkwood Camera Club Rules
- The aims and objectives of the Club shall be to foster, promote, stimulate and develop any and all aspects of Photography, both in practice and in theory. This will be achieved by a programme of discussion, lectures and demonstrations, outings and visits, competitions and any other method which the committee and/or membership finds practicable.
1.1 Membership shall be open to all interested in photography.
1.2 The Committee shall be able to approve others as Associate members. They may not vote at meetings.
1.3 Any member under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian at all club meetings and activities.
- Membership of the Club implies the undertaking to comply with and abide by these rules.
- The Club shall affiliate to, or take membership of such bodies as the Committee decide are appropriate to the Club's aims.
- The annual subscription shall be fixed at the AGM for the following year and be payable thereafter. The annual subscription shall become payable at the AGM in June for existing members or for new members within four weeks of joining the club.
- Membership of Parkwood Camera club shall be limited to a maximum number of members to be reviewed by the committee throughout each season. The committee reserves the right to limit membership numbers and to place applications onto a waiting list if so required. In that event, applicants will be informed when places become available.
- Existing Members of Parkwood Camera club have six weeks to renew their membership following the AGM. If an existing member has not renewed by this time their place may be offered to any potential members on the waiting list. Members on the waiting list will be offered places in the order that they were received. If a prospective member does not reply within 7 days then the place may be offered to the next person on the list.
- The officers of the Club shall consist of a Chairman, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, Membership, Programme, Equipment and Competition Secretaries, to be elected at the AGM.
7.1 Non-attendance of 3 consecutive meetings by a committee member could result in removal from the committee.
- A Committee consisting of the officers and at least one member to be elected annually shall manage the affairs of the Club. In the event of any post remaining unfilled at the AGM or following the resignation of the current holder, the committee may co-opt a member to serve until the next AGM.
- The Secretary shall keep minutes and conduct the correspondence of the Club. The Treasurer shall collect all subscriptions and monies due after authorisation by the committee. At the close of each year a Balance Sheet and an Income and Expenditure Sheet shall be drawn up by the Treasurer and audited by two ordinary members appointed for this purpose by the AGM.
- Capital items costing more than £100 shall only be purchased when approved in principle by a minimum of three Committee Members.
- A member may be expelled or asked to resign from the Club, at the discretion of the Committee, for conduct likely to be prejudicial to the interests of the Club. Any member expelled or asked to resign shall have the right to appeal to a Special General Meeting called for the purpose. All Committee proceedings in this context shall be treated as privileged and confidential.
- A Special General Meeting (SGM) shall be called by the Secretary, upon a written request signed by 5 members or 20% of the club membership (whichever is the higher), clearly stating the purpose for which an SGM is to be called. No other business shall be transacted at an SGM. The Secretary will notify members of the date, time and venue of the SGM which will be held within 28 days of receiving such a written request.
- A quorum for a General meeting shall be comprised of five members or 20% of the club membership (whichever is the higher), two of whom shall not be members of the Committee; a quorum for a Special General Meeting shall be 50% of the Membership.
- Only members shall have the right to vote, participate in club competitions, and join paid/organised activities or to make use of club equipment.
- Committee decisions will be taken on a simple majority vote. The Chairman has a casting vote at Committee Meetings, the AGM, an SGM and any other special meeting. Such a vote shall be cast in the best interests of the Club as a whole.
- The name of any member whose subscription is more than three months in arrears may be removed from the list by order of the Committee. Any member not in arrears of subscription may resign at any time by notifying the Secretary of their desire to do so.
- In the event of dissolution a Special General Meeting shall be called at which a liquidator shall be appointed and a decision made then, or subsequently, as to the disposal of the Club's assets.
- The committee has the power to resolve any matters on which these rules are silent.
- No alteration of, or addition to, these rules shall be made except by the AGM or a Special Meeting if called for that purpose.
These rules are effective immediately and supersede all previous rules.
Child Protection Policy
Parkwood Camera Club recognises its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people with whom it has contact and is committed to a practice that protects them.
For the purpose of this document any person under the age of 18 years will be considered as a minor.
Any model used at a Parkwood Camera Club event will sign a release form, and provide proof of age.
Any model under the age of eighteen years, will be accompanied at all times by a parent/ legal guardian, or a suitably appointed person, who is over the age of eighteen. The release form must be signed by the parent/ legal guardian. If an appointed adult is used, then a letter authorising this, is to be signed by a parent/legal guardian. These forms are to be held on file, after the shoot, by the club Secretary.
ALL images of minors must be FULLY clothed, and not posed provocatively. If a minor poses with older models, this applies to ALL models in the image.
If the minor is a photographer, they are required to complete a release form. They are to be accompanied all times by a parent/ legal guardian, or a suitably appointed person who is over the age of eighteen. The release form must be signed by the parent/ legal guardian. If an appointed adult is used, then a letter authorising this, is to be signed by a parent/legal guardian. These forms are to be held on file, after the shoot, by the club Secretary.
Minors can only be present at the event or studio when all models in attendance are fully clothed.
One of the event organisers must be a member of the committee and must be present at the event for its duration.
At the start of the event, the models and photographers are to be made aware who the organiser is, and they are to report any inappropriate actions to that person immediately. If deemed necessary, the event is to be cancelled or suspended and the minor removed from the situation.
Any member found to be breaking these guidelines shall be dealt with under the complaints and discipline procedure of Parkwood Camera Club.