PARKWOOD CAMERA CLUB
Photography Is Our Passion
Who are we?
At Parkwood Camera Club you will find a group of friendly photography enthusiasts who are keen to share ideas and help each other improve on their skills. We are based at the Parkwood Community Centre in Gillingham.
What do we do?
We are constantly updating our programme of events to cover a wide variety of photography activities and subject areas. The list below is a just a sample - different events and ideas are regularly included with many ideas coming from our members:
- Regular digital* and print competitions where members are able to showcase their photographs and receive comments on their work (*digital means photographs displayed on a screen using a digital projector).
- Photographic outings on some club evenings in the summer, a few at weekends throughout the year, and also a few weekends away for those interested.
Regular guest speakers talking about a wide range of subjects such as photo editing software through to various areas of photography, e.g. wildlife, landscape, sport, portrait, abstract , macro, etc.
- Practical demonstrations on subjects like mounting photos/prints, photo editing, and calibrating your computer screen and printer.
- Group studio sessions using the club’s own studio lighting and backgrounds.
- We hold interactive evenings throughout the year where members share tips, ideas or just talk Photography.
- We have our own Flickr Group where our members are encouraged to upload new images and discuss topics.
- We also hold monthly competitions, whereby members post images into discussion threads, on varying set themes, judged by external judges.
Who is the club for?
Beginners are welcome as are enthusiasts and professionals alike. Currently our members range from beginners through to very experienced enthusiasts, several of whom are semi-professional. People under 16 are also welcome, but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to all club events at all times (meetings, photo shoots, outings etc.).
The general public are also more than welcome to attend selected events and activities as detailed in the club’s programme. Please see above for the next months forthcoming events and also please check our full programme HERE. Non club members are welcome to attend any event in the programme which is designated by a ‘P*’ and colour coded red. To help cover the cost of some events there will be a small charge of £3 (TBC) payable at the door, unless specifically stated as free in the Programme details.